new computer old 1password question

Options
gagreen
gagreen
Community Member

i have 1password license for macbook. bought wife her own macbook. what are my options to get her 1password (sharing my vault) on her machine? thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i have license for 1password on my macbook. New mac for wife. how 1pass for her computer?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gagreen!

If you've been a happy 1Password for Mac user for a while and you're thinking of having your wife join you in password bliss, the best way to securely share items will be signing up for 1Password Families. Especially if it's been a while since your last purchase, we've been busy around here lately! 1Password Families is one of our newest offerings, along with 1Password Teams and the just-launched individual accounts.

Me? I think 1Password Families is the best deal of all, because you can have up to five family members on the plan for $4.99/mo. and it includes unlimited access to ALL our native apps as well, for as long as you maintain the subscription. That means you and your wife can download 1Password for Android, Mac, iOS or Windows - whatever configuration you need for your device(s). And you also get hosted data with near-instant availability, automatic backups and - best of all - a brand new, secure web interface so you can access your data from any computer, provided you have your Account Key and Master Password. It's what I use for my family and what I'd recommend for any family who want to share data.

When you sign up, each user immediately gets their own Personal vault, as well as access to the Shared vault, which everyone can access. Then, as account owner, you can create as many additional vaults as you can think up uses for. I have one I share with my wife only ("Parents"), containing things like the online banking password, etc, and I put things like the Netflix password in the Shared vault so the kids can use it as well.

Last but not least, there's a 30-day free trial, so the two of you can kick the tires and see if it's for you. Just sign up here, and see how far 1Password's come since your last purchase.

This discussion has been closed.