Community Member
    Options

@brenty, thank you! Great support :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

@SeTeM: Any time! I'm sorry for the delay, but most folks are asleep right now. We'll get you the promo once folks are up and about — in plenty of time for your trial. Cheers! :)

• tklett
    tklett
    Community Member
    Options

sorry to be confused, but is the new 6 month trial plan using the ip4 version of windows or the ip6 version? I want to eventually use the family plan but I cannot get ip6 windows version to work like I want, while version 4 works great.
    Also, is this new 6 month plan similar to the family plan which uses your servers? Don't think so, but wanted to make sure. I didn't want to blindly sign up and then have to undo it. Thanks in advance/

• blicksky
    blicksky
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty The support ID I received is #CKD-52992-986

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @tklett ,

To use a 1Password account in Windows, you’ll need to be using 1Password 6. 1Password 4 is not able to handle 1Password accounts. If you’re having difficulty with 1Password 6 for Windows, please let us know a little bit more about where things are getting tangled up - we’d love to help!

Also, is this new 6 month plan similar to the family plan which uses your servers? Don't think so, but wanted to make sure.

The 1Password accounts for individuals that was recently introduced is a subscription service, the same as 1Password Families and 1Password Teams. With the 1Password account, your data will be stored on our servers. This is what allows us to offer cool features like the web interface. :)

Hi @blicksky,

Thanks for the support ID. Someone will get back to you as soon as your account has been updated. :)

• @gbbentley - I apologize for this problem, I have now fixed your account such that you get that first 6 months free. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

• @SeTeM - I see you signed up for 1Password Teams. The 6 months free offer is for our brand new individual hosted service.

• erict
    erict
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @erict,

I'm not sure if your post was an accident or …? But if there is anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to let us know. If you're all set, feel free to ignore this and just enjoy your weekend! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gbbentley, @gadgetgeek: Just wanted to follow up to let you know we've added the 6 month promo to your accounts. Cheers! :)

@SeTeM: I'm really sorry for the confusion on this. Feel free to try an individual account to take advantage of the promotion...or stick with 1Password Teams and you'll lock in the promotional pricing there. I hope this helps! :)

• gadgetgeek
    gadgetgeek
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you kindly @brenty

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Brenty, you are quite welcome. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

• AlexanderB
    AlexanderB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Just to be sure, if created a family account. I do read the 6 months is not for Teams, what about the family plan?

TiA!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AlexanderB: We had a different special for 1Password Families when it launched back in February, which has long since ended. After all, it wouldn't be very "special" if it went on indefinitely! But while the current special only applies to the new individual plan, 1Password Families is still a much better deal compared to paying for multiple separate individual accounts — and it also brings with it sharing and recovery features which are not possible in a "solo" setup. Cheers! :)

• jdharper
    jdharper
    Community Member
    Options

I signed up for the family account yesterday but am only showing a 30 day free trial in the billing section. I was never asked for a discount code in the setup process (never even asked for a credit card which I have since entered). Can you fix my account to set it for the 6 month trial? Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jdharper, please see Brent's reply directly above your post. The 6 months is only for the brand new individual plan. We had a different special back when 1Password Families was new.

• jdharper
    jdharper
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, OK The six months offer was what made me finally make the jump after all these years of using the standalone... No worries. If I can get it to work I'll probably stick with the family plan. I'll open another thread on the problems I'm having getting it set up...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please do! We'll get the problems sorted out, and make sure you are very happy with your decision. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@khad I just saw that an option was added to downgrade from Families to individuals. Two questions.
    1. What happens when the families account was already paid?
    2. What happens to the people how have to earned the Earl?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ntimo: Great questions! If the account is already paid, you'll get a credit for the balance (for example, prorating for a partial year) for the individual plan. However, Earl's superpowers do not apply to an individual plan (additional members, etc.), so you will lose those 1Password Families-specific benefits. But if it's a situation where you're already well into a 1Password Families subscription after the trial and you've missed out on the 6 month individual promotion, shoot us an email at support@1password.com and we'll see if there's something we can for you. :)

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

I'm disappointed that the 6 mos free doesn't apply to Families. I understand that it was introduced a while back, but your current sign up page is designed to imply the offer applies to both the Individual and Family accounts. As you can see in the screenshot, the banner at the tops states "6 months Free" and then below that both the Individual and Family options are shown with no indication that the banner offer applies to only the Individual plan.

As a very long time user of 1PW and current AgileBits Store family license holder it looked like Families has just about matured to the point that the jump is worthwhile (the handling of Attachments being perhaps the only exception). Without the 6 month offer, which gives time to address attachments, I'm not so sure.

I'd ask that you either extend the offer to Families as your site implies, or clean up your site.

• Ben
    Options

Sorry for any implication that the offer included 1Password Families, @oshloel. The banner does say 1Password, which is the title of the offering on the left, but I can see how there might be some confusion. I'll pass the feedback along to our team and see if there is a way we can clarify this.

Ben

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. True, it says 1Password in the banner, which as you note is the name shown for the Individual version; however, the page also says "Find the 1Password that's right for you" right below the "6 months" banner and above (and stretching across) both the Individual and Families options.

I'm not trying to belabor the point. The pricing/promotion policy is what it is (including the recent price increase in the Family fee). I'm glad I received clarification before I made the effort to switch at this point. Being a "family" of only my wife and myself, our current family license with two individual vaults and a dropbox synced shared vault is working quite well for the time being and there doesn't appear to be much incentive for our group of 2 to switch at the moment.

• Ben
    Options

I understand. :) Thanks for taking the time to point this out.

Licensing is still a great option, especially if you are already all set up with syncing. The most difficult points about licensing instead of using the subscription service are syncing and sharing, so if you already have those all set up there may not be a compelling reason to change at the moment. :+1:

Ben

• DamianHole
    DamianHole
    Community Member
    Options

Still no "6 months" for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DamianHole: No problem! We'll take care of that for you shortly — with plenty of time to spare. ;)

• Hi @DamianHole - Thank you for signing up for the 1Password individual account. I have added your 6 months free trial.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Just want to be reassured. Signed up for the individual account the other day. Even though I did not enter my credit card (yet), everything seems to be working okay. Is the fact that it is working w/out a cc mean that I am getting the free six months?

• DamianHole
    DamianHole
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks AgileBits, confirmed to have six months. Time to start transferring.

@rlgleason51 If you click on the menu in the top right corner and then select 'Billing', the top line should have how many days left on your free trial.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Trial period confirmed.

This discussion has been closed.