can't get desktop app & IOS/website master password to be the same

Options
VChirkin
VChirkin
Community Member

I had a 1 password standalone trial app on my desktop. I just decided to subscribe to the family plan. I can not figure out how to get a single password for all my devices. The mac desktop has the old password I used to use and my the website and IOS passwords are something else. I tried deleting and reinstalling the application without any success. Also the desktop version stills shows the primary vault as the only available vault to sync

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:passwords

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VChirkin,

I’m sorry that you’re having difficulty getting your 1Password account set up! Let’s see if we can’t get this sorted out.

It sounds to me like you’re still accessing the primary vault on your desktop. So, the first step is to add your 1Password Families account to the Mac app, then to ensure that all of your data is safely stored in the account. Once that’s done, we can remove the primary vault and you should be unlocking 1Password with the Master Password for your 1Password Families account everywhere.

There are instructions on how to add your Families account to 1Password for Mac here.

That should do it, but if you have any other questions, we’re always here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.