How do I add an additional existing vault in 1Password on MAC

QuentinInSA
QuentinInSA
Community Member

I have several vaults on Windows and I want to open these on my MAC. In the MAC version of 1Password, I only have my primary vault on MAC and nowhere do I see an option to "Add Existing". There is only "Create new"...

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:mac open existing vualt

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @QuentinInSA , Good to see that you are using multiple instances of 1Password.
    The following should solve your problem of synching with multiple Dropbox vaults on your Mac:

• go to 1Password 6 Preferences (command + , (comma)) > Sync
    • set sync to 'none' do NOT delete data from Dropbox
    • set sync back to Dropbox and choose the 1Password folder not a specific database
    • your 1Password should now synchronise with all databases within that folder.

Please let us know how you get on and if there are still open questions, get back to the community here.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• Hi @QuentinInSA ,

I believe I read your question differently from rjh. I sounds like you have many vaults on Windows, but only a Primary vault on Mac.

Are you syncing those additional vaults with Dropbox? If so, navigate to that Dropbox folder on your Mac and double-click the sync file for each additional vault. Do not double-click the file for your primary vault.

When you open each one, it will ask you the password for that vault and then will add it to 1Password on your Mac.

If you have any questions about that, let me know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• QuentinInSA
    QuentinInSA
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Awesome thanks @ag_kevin and @rjh.
    Tried @ag_kevin's advice and double clicking the files did the trick. Finally, I can now access all the data from both Windows and Mac!

(Not that there is anything wrong with @rjh's advice)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @QuentinInSA,

I’m so glad to hear that Kevin’s response got you all sorted out!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.