Can you invite guests with the new 1Password for individuals

Aimepac
Aimepac
Community Member

Basically I would like to know if you can invite guests (just like its possible in the family version) to share a vault or info if you have the subscription for individuals? Thanx
P.S: Chose the mac category since you dont have the one for individual subscription.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can you invite guests with the new 1Password for individuals

Comments

• Hi @Aimepac ,

1Password for Individuals can not invite guests. You would need a Families or Teams account if you need to invite guests. If you have any further questions, feel free to reply.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Aimepac
    Aimepac
    Community Member

Hi ag_kevin,
    Thank you for your reply. With the subscription, will I still be able to share a vault through dropbox using the Mac app?

• Hi @Aimepac ,

You will be able to create an additional vault to sync through dropbox, but that vault can not sync through our server and Dropbox at the same time. You will be able to have vaults belonging to your account and "local" vaults that can be shared through dropbox.

Also, that vault won't be automatically backed up to our servers, and it will not contain features like "Item History" that lets you revert to older saves of items.

If you wish to share that with another person, I recommend creating two "local" vaults. The first one will be named "Primary" - that's just for you. Then you would create an additional "local" vault and share that one with someone else. The reason for that is that you can give that second vault a different password than your Master Password - so you don't have to give your Master Password to someone else.

I hope that helps. We'll be here to help if you need assistance.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.