Changing from Mac App Store Version to Subscription and adding a single-user account

gottadoit2004
gottadoit2004
Community Member

I had 1Password 6.3.1 from the Mac App Store.

Today I tried to change to a yearly single-user subscription so I thought I should change to the version to AgileBits and not the Mac App Store. I signed up and got an Account Key and a new master password. I backed up my Primary database. And I shutdown 1password Mini and uninstalled 1Password 6 (the Mac App Store version) and ~/Library/Preferences files. I then installed the 1Password 6.3.1 from the AgileBits website and when I go to 1Password 6->License it still says "Purchased on the Mac App Store".

Additionally when I try to add my subscription account (1Password 6>Preferences->Accounts) (note: e-mail address is same as my Apple ID), I get in a red font:

The Email address or Account Key are incorrect. The Account Key should start with A3-CT3RMT

Well my account key most certain does not. It does start with the "A3-" but the rest is different.

1Password 6->About shows:

1Password 6
           Version 6.3.1 (631006)
           AgileBits Store

What am I doing wrong? I believe that the License should have changed & the my Account Key / Master Passwordshould work.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

Hi @gottadoit2004,

when I go to 1Password 6->License it still says "Purchased on the Mac App Store”.

Don’t worry about this too much. In order to make it easier for users who wanted to switch from the Mac App Store version of 1Password to the AgileBits Store version, we trained 1Password to look for a Mac App Store receipt if it exists. This means that users who switch versions don’t have to email in to us for a license transfer, they can just go on using 1Password. :)

Additionally when I try to add my subscription account (1Password 6>Preferences->Accounts) (note: e-mail address is same as my Apple ID), I get in a red font: "The Email address or Account Key are incorrect. The Account Key should start with A3-CT3RMT"

Have you tried using the QR code on your Emergency Kit instead of typing in your information?

Have you changed the email address on your 1Password account since creating it?

• gottadoit2004
    gottadoit2004
    Community Member

No, I did not change my e-mail address on the 1Password account and I had not tried reading the QR Code.

I just DID read the QR code and it worked. Thank you so much Megan!

Problems all gone.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gottadoit2004,

Whoo hoo! Thanks for letting me know that you’re all sorted out - glad to hear it.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.