Mac and iPhone vesion vs subscription?

roethlis
roethlis
Community Member

I have the Mac App Store version and iPhone version and sync them via Dropbox. Why would I change to Subscription version? What's the advantage?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:standalone, kb:undefined, kb-search:Mac and iPhone vesion vs subscription

Comments

• margeau
    margeau
    Community Member

Hi @roethlis,

I have the same set up that you do. The personal version of the 1PW account vs. the licensed software is fairly new and I read it is offered in response to the very warm reception 1PW Family accounts have gotten.
    The main differences I see are:

Added features-
    web access
    free upgrades
    free premium features for mobile app (I am not positive about this one)
    1 GB cloud storage
    365 day item history

Removed feature-
    The nature of the account is to be in the cloud, so if you were syncing locally (wifi) instead of using Dropbox, you would no longer be keeping the whole thing local.

I think that is it broad strokes. I hope my thoughts help a little. You probably already visited this product description page, but just in case: https://1password.com/sign-up/

If you have more questions just ask and someone with better product knowledge than myself will get you the answer.
    Margeau

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @roethlis ,

Wow, I’m not sure I can add much to Margeau’s reply, she’s hit a lot of the important points there! I will clarify that your subscription to 1Password does include the iOS Pro features and Android Pro features.

If you’d like to learn more about 1Password accounts, I recommend reading Dave’s announcement blog post.

And, if you still have questions, please let us know - we’d be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.