On Android under Sync under "Have a 1Password Account?" it says "You'll need to create a new vault"

Options
thunker
thunker
Community Member

On Android under Sync under "Have a 1Password Account?" it says "You'll need to create a new vault and then sign into your 1Password Account in settings" but I'm already signed into my 1Password account. I can't get passed this to sync 1Password on Android.

Syncing via my 1Password account is already working on Windows and the web, but not on Android.

1Password Version: Android ver 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:you'll need to create a new vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thunker: Sorry for the confusion! There are no "sync settings" for 1Password Accounts. Currently it isn't possible to use 1Password for Android without a Primary (local) vault, so create a new vault and then you can login to your 1Password Account to add those. Just ignore the Primary vault (unless you want to keep some data entirely offline on the device). I hope this helps!

• yearofthegus
    yearofthegus
    Community Member
    Options

The UI is a bit confusing on the Android app. To view your vault that's already on Windows and the web application:
    1. Open the 1Password app on Android.
    2. Unlock your vault
    3. Tap the menu icon in the top-left corner.
    4. There should be a down-arrow next to your name in the blue area of the menu, tap that.
    5. Select the vault related to your 1Password account. Mine was under a section below my name.

Now when you go to Categories under the menu it should show all of your logins, etc.

I'm not entirely sure how sync works with this. Under Settings -> Vaults I chose the vault tied to the 1Password account for "Vault for saving". Maybe someone from Agilebits can confirm whether or not logins created on the Android app will automatically sync with the web interface when the appropriate vault is chosen for that.

• thunker
    thunker
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I think I'm set on this issue now. yearofthegus, you pointed me in the right direction. Everything was already syncing, but I wasn't looking in the right vault. Thanks for the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not entirely sure how sync works with this. Under Settings -> Vaults I chose the vault tied to the 1Password account for "Vault for saving". Maybe someone from Agilebits can confirm whether or not logins created on the Android app will automatically sync with the web interface when the appropriate vault is chosen for that.

@yearofthegus: Ah, yes! Excellent point!

@thunker: Indeed, if you were making changes in the local vault, those will not sync to 1Password.com. But using those belonging to your 1Password Account will allow changes to flow in both directions. We'll be streamlining that in the future to make it possible for you to use only 1Password Account vaults if you choose. In the mean time, I'm sorry of the confusion that's caused.

This discussion has been closed.