Proper upgrade path from 1password_individuals to 1password_families?

Options
frankwl
frankwl
Community Member

Hi,

I signed up for a 1Password Individuals account and would like to upgrade that plan now to a 1Password Families plan.

What is the proper upgrade path?
Tx,
Frank

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Frank ( @frankwl ),

That’s great! It’s so nice to hear that you’ve been enjoying 1Password so much you want to share it with your family. :)

Just click the arrow next to your name in the top bar to bring up the menu and select ‘Invite People’. From there you’ll have the option of upgrading to a Team or a Families account.

• frankwl
    frankwl
    Community Member
    Options

That was easy. Tx!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that worked for you, @frankwl. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member
    Options

Is there a way to go the other way? Downgrade from 1Password Families plan to 1Password Individual?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gdhnz,

Not presently. It should be coming "soon" (although I can't provide a specific date). However, if you don't want to wait, you can always sign up for an individual account and move your data over.

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member
    Options

No hurry. My current Families subscription doesn't end till next year. Happy to hear it's on the cards.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@khad but if we could move from families to the Individual plan would our already payed credit be transfered

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ntimo I don't have any details on that at the moment.

• vslacks
    vslacks
    Community Member
    Options

So, I just signed up for the 1PW individual account with the six month free trial and have some related questions:

1. If I convert to a Family account during the free trial, will I lose the time remaining on the free trial?
    2. If my wife also sets up an individual account to take advantage of the free trial, I assume that I can later add her to my family account and that this will automatically convert her from an individual account to being a member of my family account?
    3. When will the iOS app be updated for individual accounts? I was able to get it to work by entering the my.1password.com domain, but it was confusing because all the language in the app only mentions Family and Team accounts.

Thanks!

Chris

• jbNC16
    jbNC16
    Community Member
    Options

A question about family accounts: are the logins, account numbers, etc. completely separate and private from each other?
    Does each user have his own password to login, and cannot see the data from other users?
    If it works that way, it sounds good. If all the data is shared among family members, then that is no good and useless for me.
    Which is it?
    I tried to set up a separate individual account but 1Password seems to get really confused with two copies of the application installed on the computer. I had to delete the second copy, for which I have a valid account, because it refused to run.
    Any advice is appreciated.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vslacks,

Thanks for trying a 1Password account. :)

If I convert to a Family account during the free trial, will I lose the time remaining on the free trial?

Nope.

If my wife also sets up an individual account to take advantage of the free trial, I assume that I can later add her to my family account and that this will automatically convert her from an individual account to being a member of my family account?

You would need to invite her to your family account, but she can easily migrate her existing data to the family account.

When will the iOS app be updated for individual accounts? I was able to get it to work by entering the my.1password.com domain, but it was confusing because all the language in the app only mentions Family and Team accounts.

We're always working to improve the apps. As a rule, though, we never give specific time frames for features or fixes. There are many factors (some beyond our control on occasion) which can affect release dates. But our focus is strongly on improving the experience for folks with 1Password accounts.

• MYancey
    MYancey
    Community Member
    Options

My screen looks nothing like this

• @MYancey I see you posted a thread of your own about the issue. Let's keep the conversation there for now. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.