Wi-Fi Sync not available [No need to set it up if you have a 1Password account. Just sign in.]

chelzzz
chelzzz
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

I am trying to sync my android with my macbook air with 1Password 6 but the icon you point out in the user guide for wifi server doesn't show up on my mac. I've tried disabling my firewall and quit and restarted the application and my computer but I can't get the wifi server icon to appear so that I can begin syncing. Please help!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:wifi server

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chelzzz,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble, but I have some good news for you. :)

Since you have a 1Password account, you don't need to manually sync your data using the WLAN Server. Just sign in to your account in the 1Password app on your Android phone. All your data will be up to date automatically. :+1:

1. Get 1Password for Android if you don't already have it, and open the app.
    2. If you're running the app for the first time, tap Create Your First Vault and type in your Master Password. If you already set up the app, just skip to the next step.
    3. Tap Settings, then tap 1Password Accounts.
    4. Tap Add Account, then tap Scan QR Code.

5. Scan your QR Code and type in your Master Password.

Let me know how it goes.

• cubitt
    cubitt
    Community Member

Hi, I just installed 1password on my Mac Book Pro (paid version). I'm trying to set up Wifi-Sync (to sync with my Android 6.0 phone), but the button that should be in the 1password app preferences is not there, so the user guide is not helpful because clicking the button is the starting point there. How is this possible? I see the "General", "Security", "Accounts", "Watchtower", "All Vaults", "Browsers" and "Updates"

Checked for updates (none available).

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
    Sync Type: Wifi

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cubitt,

I merged your post with the existing discussion about this. Please read my good news above, and let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• cubitt
    cubitt
    Community Member

Thank you, Khad. This worked.

Perhaps this could be part of the official documentation.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@cubitt,

I'm glad that did the trick! Thanks for letting me know. This is covered in Get started with 1Password. :+1:

If you found any other documentation that caused some confusion, could you give me the link to it? I'd love to get it updated.

Cheers!

• cubitt
    cubitt
    Community Member

So, when you start the Android App, I clicked on the option that I already have an account and then there are three options for syncing, Dropbox, iCloud and Wi-fi. Since I don't use the first two, I looked into the Wifi option. Then I googled "1Password Wifi Sync", which took me here: https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-wi-fi.html. Which looked like the instructions to what I wanted to do, but without the "Wifi-Server" button I didn't get very far.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@cubitt,

Thanks so much for taking the time to follow up on that. We really need to improve the setup experience on Android so you have the option to sign in to your account directly from there. The way it is now is definitely confusing. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.