Individual subscription on Mac

PR1
PR1
Community Member

Please could you provide a link to a simple explanation of the process of migrating to an Individual Plan on a Mac. I have an older version (3.8.22), haven't felt an a need to update in a while but this new offering is tempting, I just don't need hassles (eg somewhere I read that v6 is still in beta or is that just in Windows, and does the syncing work as well as in Dropbox?)! Thanks

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Individual subscription mac

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

Hi @PR1,

Thanks for asking about this. :)

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that 1Password 6 for Mac is most definitely not in beta. We released version 6 back in January (and versions 4 and 5 in the intervening three years).

The bad news is that if you are running OS X Mavericks as you indicated, then you won't be able to install it. 1Password 6 for Mac requires OS X Yosemite or higher. And 1Password 6 is required to sign in to a 1Password account (individual, family, or team).

If you are able to upgrade OS X to Yosemite or later, you can take advantage of all that the new service has to offer:

• Built-in automatic sync across all devices
    • Data loss protection
    • Web access to your data on 1Password.com
    • Item History for restoring deleted or changed items
    • Secure Document storage
    • Brand new multi-factor security model

I hope that helps you make an informed decision. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.