Error with Extension 3.5.7

hotjbr
hotjbr
Community Member

Whenever I open Safari 9.1.2 I am getting an error. New Version of Safari found. 1Password extension 3.5.7 does not support Safari 9.1.2 .... I have removed 1Password extensions from Safari tried a shut down and restart. I previously had extension 4 installed. What is next?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hotjbr,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

What version of the main 1Password app are you using? Not sure? Here's how to check.

If the main 1Password shows version 4 or later — preferably version 6 since that's the latest version — you need to be using the current version of the extension. You can install it by choosing 1Password > Install Browser Extensions:

Or directly from:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

If you're having trouble installing the extension from there, please let me know the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen? Any error messages, for example. We'll get it sorted out. :+1:

• hotjbr
    hotjbr
    Community Member

@khad Thank you. Unfortunately that didn't help. I am running version 6.3.1. I now have the extension reinstalled v4.5.8 and still get the error. Previously I had uninstalled it to see if that helped.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@hotjbr,

What error? Can you take a screenshot and post it with your reply?

• hotjbr
    hotjbr
    Community Member

@khad here is the requested image.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@hotjbr,

Ah! It appears you have some old remnants of 1Password 3 (from days of yore) hanging around. It's been quite a few years since I saw something like that, but try this:

1. In Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
    2. Go to the folder: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
    3. Delete ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist
    4. Restart your Mac.

Does that resolve things?

• hotjbr
    hotjbr
    Community Member

@khad Yes I was tolerant of the popup for a while. I am finally tired of it. I looked for the file you mentioned. I couldn't find it. I looked in the LaunchAgents folder with no luck. Also did a search for the file name mentioned and no results.

• hotjbr
    hotjbr
    Community Member

@khad I just reread your directions and was able to find the file. I deleted it and this did indeed fix the issue. Thank you for your help.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @hotjbr! Thanks for writing back to let me know that worked. If you have any other trouble, don't hesitate to let me know. :)

Have a great weekend!

• Jephph
    Jephph
    Community Member

Hello I am Running Version 6.3.5 with Safari 10.0.1. I mainly use Chrome so like above it was a tolerated pop up when I did not have time to deal with it. I followed these instructions and could not find the ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist. I am still getting this popup.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jephph,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! And thank you very much for the screenshot, it's incredibly helpful for us! :)

There are multiple Library directories on a Mac, and in your screenshot, you've navigated to the one in the top level of your hard drive: Macintosh HD/Library/LaunchAgents/

In Khad's steps above, the ~ at the beginning of the file path indicates the user folder on your Mac. So, the full path for that would be: Macintosh HD/Users/[your Mac username]/Library/LaunchAgents/

Sorry for any confusion about that! Now, depending on the settings on your Mac, the Library directory in your Mac user folder might be hidden. If you don't see it in your user folder, you can follow these steps to open it:

1. From the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose Go to Folder...
    2. Copy and paste the following text into the Go to the folder field: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
    3. Press return/enter

Once you've opened the ~/Library/LaunchAgents folder, you should be able to find and delete the ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist file.

Please let us know how it goes and if you have any trouble with that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.