Account ongoing

zuwapa
zuwapa
Community Member

Hello,

I have paid for a 1Password account many years ago. I was informed my subscription would continue indefinitely. Please help me learn how to re-establish an active account so that I may use 1Password (I was recently informed that my account needed to be updated).

Sincerely,

Dean Irvine

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zuwapa,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry for any confusion.

Your most recent purchase from us was back in 2011 for 1Password 3 for Mac. You can still use your 1Password 3 license today, but 1Password has been improved a lot since then. We released a paid upgrade to version 4, then a free update for all version 4 users to version 5, then another free update for all version 5 users to version 6.

Back in 2011, there was no such thing as a 1Password account. You simply purchased a license for the app and used the app. We actually just rolled out a new service for 1Password accounts this week. If you want to upgrade to 1Password 6, the best way to upgrade is to sign up for a 1Password account. You'll be able to download the latest app for free, move any existing data to your new 1Password account, and enjoy a 30-day free trial for the latest version of 1Password.

If you don't want a 1Password account, you can use your old version 3 license indefinitely. Let me know if you need me to resend it to you or if you have any other questions. We are always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.