I Have two Entries fir every item 1=Primary, 2=MacBook Pro

SargeUSMC
SargeUSMC
Community Member

For "whatever" reason I created a second vault. First, why would I have the second entry for my MacBook Pro? Is appears that after a partial review that I could delete with out affecting my main password items "all" marked MacBook Pro. Secondly, I only use this software for personal reasons across all my apple devices.

How do I show my wife who is still writing down her passwords on paper, but then sometimes (rarely, but for me once would be enough) forgets her "papers" that 1Password is much "everything!" — Sarge

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 11601.7.7 – ?
OS Version: 9.1.2 (yes I due too update)
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SargeUSMC,

I’m not quite sure I understand the situation here, so let’s take a step back and get a bit more detail first. It sounds to me like a second vault has appeared in 1Password, is that correct?

• Is this vault in 1Password on all of your devices, or just the MacBook Pro?
    • In 1Password’s Preferences > Sync, please check the file path of both your vaults - where is each vault syncing to?
    • If you switch from the ‘All Vaults’ view in 1Password to each vault - how many items does each vault have?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your 1Password database since you noticed this?

How do I show my wife who is still writing down her passwords on paper, but then sometimes (rarely, but for me once would be enough) forgets her "papers" that 1Password is much "everything!”

I’ve found that the best way to introduce people to 1Password is to show them this video. It provides a great demonstration of the ‘password problem’ and shows how 1Password can solve it for you. I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.