Adding two accounts on my mac laptop via 1P desktop app.

Options
masonkessinger
masonkessinger
Community Member

I'm trying to add two accounts (one work, one home) on my computer but I am unsure how to do this. They are separate accounts and need to be that way. I also need to be able to switch between them so that I can access my protected data. Thanks!

1Password Version: Version 6.3.1 (631006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @masonkessinger,

Thanks for asking about this.

You can absolutely sign in to multiple 1Password accounts in the app. In 1Password on my Mac, I'm signed into both a family account that I share with my wife and the team account for AgileBits. It's pretty great. :)

If you're already signed in to one account in the 1Password app, choose 1Password > Preferences > Accounts then click the + button to sign in to another one.

• masonkessinger
    masonkessinger
    Community Member
    Options

Khad, I've been able to do this successfully from one computer, but my other computer seems to not like it. I have a work account and computer and I have a home account and computer. I was able to sync my work account to my home computer but I am unable to do the opposite. It feels very strange to me it would work one way and not the other.

When I try to add my home account to my work computer: https://cl.ly/2s2M412a1A0b

When I try to add my work account to my work computer (which is counterintuitive but also it is what the above error is asking me to do ... just tried because... why not...): https://cl.ly/3a0u0D2X453F

Help?

• Jacob
    Options

@masonkessinger Thanks for the update! Do both those accounts happen to be individual ones that you access at my.1password.com? If so, there's a limitation in the current version of 1Password for Mac, as well as the other apps, that only lets you sign in to one individual account. We fixed this issue in a recent beta of the Mac app, so you're welcome to install the beta if you'd like to use both accounts right now. We should have it in the stable version soon. :)

• masonkessinger
    masonkessinger
    Community Member
    Options

Jacob,

You are correct, both are logged in by using the my subdomain. This worked on my desktop—now just gonna hold out for this update to release to the app.

Thanks guys!

• Jacob
    Options

@masonkessinger You're welcome! Thanks for asking about it. :)

This discussion has been closed.