Super Frustrated!

Options
edeanjones2
edeanjones2
Community Member

I thought that 1Password was going to be easy to use. I was wrong. I installed it a few weeks ago, and am incredibly frustrated. There are some many parts of the app that are just counter-intuitive. Every time I open the Password Generator, it automatically generates a new password instead of showing me the last one that was generated. The Password Generator "automatically" closes, so if I don't capture the password, I lose it. And sometimes the "copy to clipboard before filling" option just doesn't work - lost more than one password that way. I know people just love this app - but I just can't figure out how to use it in an easy way. Sorry for the rant - but is there some easy tutorial on how to use the software? Or a video? If I need to spend hours figuring out how to use this app (more than the many hours I already have), it's just not worth it.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @edeanjones2,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

Whenever you use the password generator to fill a password on a website, 1Password will automatically save it as an item in the Passwords category. I think this article may help you find passwords you thought were lost:

If you generated a password that wasn't saved, or you can't sign in

We do have a video showing how to use the password generator, though. I actually narrate it myself. You can view it at the top of the companion article that goes into a little more detail than I had time for in the video:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

Between the two of those articles (and the video), I hope that helps a bit. But if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Cheers!

• edeanjones2
    edeanjones2
    Community Member
    Options

Khad, thanks for your note. I'm not trying to be a jerk - but still continue to have issues every time that I use 1Password. Today I tried to save a password to a site - for some reason, even though I set up the site in 1Password, and it asked me to save the user name and password, the site doesn't open up when I click it in 1Password. And then the user name doesn't populate, so I have to type it manually. Am I the only one that can't get this software to work reliably every time? What am I missing here?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@edeanjones2: Sorry for the trouble! It totally depends on how you have it setup and what you're trying to do. For example, based on your description, I wonder if you are trying to use the login at a URL which is different than the one you've saved in 1Password.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, if you're having trouble with specific sites, be sure to include the URLs. Often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work, and we're here to help in any way we can. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.