Screen fails to refresh

steve_cv
steve_cv
Community Member

I often get an "issue" where if I scroll thru several secure notes ( from the quick access at top screen) sooner or later one freezes on the screen, cannot be moved or closed and is the "top layer" blocking everything under it. As far as I can tell the app is still functioning as I can browse other notes including the one on screen.

The only fix I have found is a compete re-start, which is hardly a fix. Has anyone got a solution to this?

Working on Mac 10.11.6

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @steve_cv ,

I'm sorry you ran into this bug. We've seen this happen once or twice before, but so far, have not been able to get to the bottom of it. The next time this happens, try force-quitting 1Password mini. To do this, press Command Option Esc, select 1Password mini, and click Quit. Does the window go away then?

Also, what model of Mac are you using, and is it an external display or built-in display?

Finally, right after this happens, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) quickly.

While so far, we haven't seen the cause, we're hoping your report might contain something.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• steve_cv
    steve_cv
    Community Member

Its an iMac (21.5 inch Mid 2011) model
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    8Gb 1333 MHz DDR3 memory

Hope this helps

• steve_cv
    steve_cv
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

I just got it to freeze again and 1Password Mini is not an available option on 'force-quit'

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @steve_cv,

We’d love to see the Diagnostics Report to see if the logs tell us anything about the freeze. Please generate one and send it in to our team! :)

• steve_cv
    steve_cv
    Community Member

I have just emailed it with reference 995612 (random) in subject matter to try and help identify

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @steve_cv,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: CVV-79145-943

This discussion has been closed.