Didn't a previous version of 1password keep track of the previous passwords and date changed?

johnmevans
johnmevans
Community Member

I recall that previous versions of 1password retained the date and password for previously used passwords. Current version only has created date and last changed date. I miss the previous feature. Recently, changing a password, I copied the current password to the site and I used the password strength option to evaluate my new password. Unfortunately my new password had some invalid characters and was rejected. When I went to choose a new one, 1password had changed to my new password, and lost my previous password. I had to reset my password on the site. Some site don't allow you to use previous passwords and it is nice to review previously used passwords.
I miss the previous feature.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.3.1 (631006)
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Didn't a previous version of 1password keep track of the previous passwords and date changed?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

Hi @johnmevans,

I recall that previous versions of 1password retained the date and password for previously used passwords. Current version only has created date and last changed date.

Could you please tell me what you see in your item details? I’m seeing dates for each of my previously used passwords:

Recently, changing a password, I copied the current password to the site and I used the password strength option to evaluate my new password. Unfortunately my new password had some invalid characters and was rejected. When I went to choose a new one, 1password had changed to my new password, and lost my previous password. I had to reset my password on the site. Some site don't allow you to use previous passwords and it is nice to review previously used passwords.

When you generate a new password within the 1Password app, the current password will show up in the ‘previously used passwords’ section. Could you tell me a bit more about the steps that you take when you change a password? I’m not quite sure of the process you’re going through, so it’s difficult for me to test what you’re seeing.

For reference, here’s how we recommend changing your passwords on a website:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

• johnmevans
    johnmevans
    Community Member

Thanks. I just noticed the button, to show them. I thought they were previously displayed without clicking the button.

• Glad to hear it's all sorted out. Let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• universeman
    universeman
    Community Member

I'm having an issue where I can't read the dates of previous passwords, due to the date being cut off. Seems like something easy to fix but maybe the AgileBits team isn't aware? Please advise!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvEtlfaVIAE8tEv.jpg

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @universeman

I'm sorry that you can't see the dates of the previously used passwords right away. This is simply due to the size of the display in 1Password mini. If you want to be able to see the full date of the previously used passwords you can either check that on the main app, or use the anchor and then make it just a bit bigger by dragging one of the sides :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.