App crashes when I attempt to delete a vault [confirmed bug on OS X 10.10, will be fixed]

Anth88
Anth88
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

Hi, I just signed up for the new 1Password personal account. I've successfully moved all my data to the new account, and I want to delete my old Primary vault. Whenever I try to delete the vault, the app crashes automatically. Is this a bug in the app?

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Anth88 ,

Thanks for writing in to let us know. It does certainly sound like a bug. I see you have filled out version 6.0 as the version of 1Password that you are using. If you update to the latest version (6.3.1), does it still crash?

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Just to clarify, are you are deleting your old Primary vault through 1Password Preferences > Advanced > (uncheck) Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts?

• cameroncooper
    cameroncooper
    Community Member

This happens to me on 1Password for Mac version 6.3.2 when going to "1Password 6"->"Delete Vault..."

I get a small blank window for a moment, then a crash.

Here's part of the crash report...

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    Performing @selector(deleteVault:) from sender NSMenuItem 0x6100002ab4c0
    abort() called

20 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff8937ae76 -[NSApplication runModalForWindow:] + 11
    21 com.agilebits.onepassword4 0x0000000107e12d4e _TFC11OnePassword23OPModalWindowController8runModalfT_Si + 190
    22 com.agilebits.onepassword4 0x0000000107e12dd7 _TToFC11OnePassword23OPModalWindowController8runModalfT_Si + 23
    23 com.agilebits.onepassword4 0x0000000107bca753 -[OPAppDelegate deleteVault:] + 303

• Hi @cameroncooper ,

Thank you for taking the time to write in and let us know. We've been able to reproduce the crash here. It appears to be specific to OS X 10.10. We expect the fix to be available in beta releases next week and it should also be in the next official release. In the meantime, I recommend opening your 1Password preferences and clicking on "All Vaults" and setting the Vault for Saving to be your Personal vault from your Account, and uncheck "Primary" from the list of vaults.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Anth88
    Anth88
    Community Member

Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a few days.

@ag_kevin I was on 6.3.1 when it was happening. I upgraded to 6.3.2 tonight and it's still happening.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Anth88,

The fix for this crasher on OS X 10.10 is still expected to be available as Kevin mentioned:

We expect the fix to be available in beta releases next week and it should also be in the next official release.

He posted that a couple days after 6.3.2 came out so it's not fixed in that 'next' official release. :)

Thanks for your patience and I hope Kevin's workaround is helpful until this bug's been squashed!

ref: OPM-4309

• Anth88
    Anth88
    Community Member

Thanks @sjk !

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for checking in again with a 'late reply' status report - no worries! :+1::lol:

This discussion has been closed.