how to get data from my.1password.com to the app

kms
kms
Community Member

I signed up for 1Password and started using my.1Password.com on my mac. I got an account key and a master password. The next step was to download the apps. When I started to use the app to create a vault, it asked me to set up another password. I didn't understand that. I went back to my.1Password.com and entered some information. Now, how do I save that information to iCloud.com, so I can use it on my mac and iPad?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 6.3.1 (build #631006) - Released 2016-06-06 - d
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:how to get data from my.1password.com to the app

Comments

• Hi @kms,

When you start 1Password, "Create a Vault" is just one of the options. You should see another to sign into an account - that's the option you want to choose.

1. Start 1Password and choose the option to sign into your account. (It may say "Sign into Teams or Families" account depending on the version)
    2. Click Sign In and a QR Code scanner will appear.
    3. To display the QR code, log into your account with your web browser and choose "Get the Apps" from the menu in the upper right corner of the web page.
    4. Drag the QR Code scanner over top of the QR Code to enter all but the Master Password.
    5. Enter the Master Password and sign in.

You can repeat this on your iPad. It will use the camera to scan that QR code off the Mac's screen.

Alternatively, you can click "Sign In Manually" on the Scanner window to type in the account credentials.

If you have any questions about the above process, please feel free to reply.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• kms
    kms
    Community Member

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the quick, clear response! The "Sign in to teams..." threw me off. I didn't think that was the right option for me. With your info, finishing setup was very easy! Thanks again.
    Karen

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kms

I'm glad to hear that Kevin's answer just did the trick for you and everything's up and running now for you! I hope that everything goes smoothly for you from now on, but if there's anything else that we can do for you, we're always here to help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.