sync to my Macbook

BillyD
BillyD
Community Member

sorry if I missed it, but I'd like to talk to someone. Is this possible? If not, I have a question about why my laptop is no longer syncing. Kind of desperate.

1Password Version: 6.3.1 there are two icons in my dock 1pw and 1pw5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BillyD,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling stressed right now! I’d love to help. In order to do so, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? You mention version information for one computer, but since we’re discussing sync, I imagine there are a few more devices involved here.
    • What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

there are two icons in my dock 1pw and 1pw5

Please take a look in your /Applications folder and let me know how many 1Password apps you see there.

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

okay, hang on...

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

mac 10.11.3
    1PW 6.3.1
    just one 1pw in apps

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

I am on the road, when I left my house I changed a couple passwords, but 1pw on my macbook does not show these changes, clearly it is not syncing.

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

I do not use this laptop too often, and see that many of my passwords are not updated.
    I use Dropbox, I think, to sync.

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

Is there someone I can speak with?

• BillyD
    BillyD
    Community Member

?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BillyD,

I apologize for the confusion here. We do our best to respond here in the forums as quickly as possible, but this is not a live chat service. It may take a while for us to reply to your post.

It sounds like you’re away from some of your devices at the moment, so it might be difficult to troubleshoot this, depending on where the problem lies. Let’s check a few basic things first:

• Please ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on your computer - do you have more than one Dropbox account?
    • Confirm that Dropbox sync is selected in 1Password > Preferences > Sync on your Mac - when does the ‘Last Synced’ time indicate?
    • If you’re on the road, do you currently have access to Wi-Fi so that Dropbox can update?
This discussion has been closed.