Future password changing feature?

adrian12345
adrian12345
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

I'd like to stick with 1password because a)I've got everything set up already, and b)I find the idea of a one-time payment more attractive than an ongoing subscription fee. That said, Dashlane has a password changing feature that finds the "change password" location on a website directly. That is attractive because, in a worst case scenario, hunting and pecking for those hidden spots on every site in order to change all my passwords can easily suck up an entire day or two. If I had the equivalent of a web maintenance guy basically saying "click here to change your password" for every single site, that would take a grueling two day task and chop it down to roughly an hour.

Does 1password have any plans to integrate a similar feature in the future?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
_OS Version: 10.10.5
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adrian12345,

Unfortunately I can’t speak much to our future plans. We’ve heard requests for a feature like this before, and I’m happy to add your vote to the existing issue in our internal tracker. :)

• jamapor
    jamapor
    Community Member

+1 for this feature request

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! While from a technical perspective it's a challenge (to say the least), from a privacy perspective, we also don't want to know our customers' browsing habits and where they have accounts. In order for us to automatically change passwords, we'd need to know which site to communicate with, and the old password would need to be sent through us, encrypted no doubt, but in general we prefer to not be in that position, or put our customers in that position. And as a user, it would be an uneven, confusing experience, when this could be done only in certain cases, opaque to the user. But if we can come up with a way of doing this reliably, securely, and maintain user privacy, we may yet. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.