help re-installing and syncing

suz3262
suz3262
Community Member

My iMac crashed and now that it's back up and running, I re-installed 1P but it tells me I need things I have no idea about...a QR code from somewhere...a long key code...

The versions on my phone and macbook should be fairly complete as I think they was synced with the old program...another issue is that I have 1password on my other iMac but it is not as up-to-date on all passwords...only those I reset while on it recently during the downtime of the other computer....I do not want to override anything...would love to sync all devices to the same cloud-based data.

How do I get up and running?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My mac crashed and now that it's back up and running, I re-installed 1P but don't have my key

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @suz3262,

I’m so sorry to hear that your computer crashed. That’s never any fun to deal with! And I apologize for the confusion with the new setup screens.

The QR code and long string of gibberish (an Account Key) refer to our new 1Password accounts, which were recently introduced as a different way to use the 1Password apps. If you’ve been using 1Password for a while, you likely don’t have an account and can just ignore those options.

You should still be able to set up 1Password to sync to your existing data.

Here’s a link to our User Guide that describes how to set up sync on a new computer with existing data. Since you don’t have a 1Password account, you’ll want the option “Already have 1Password data somewhere else?”

Please let me know if this helps!

This discussion has been closed.