Original purchase date 10/15/.2012. Version 6.3.1 Forgot password.

JKap
JKap
Community Member

Need to buy new/upgrade version of app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 6.3.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Original purchase date 10/15/.2012. Version 6.3.1 Forgot password.

Comments

• JKap
    JKap
    Community Member

Need to speak with a support person to resolve issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JKap,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password. Don’t worry, our team is here to help!

Now, as for recovering your Master Password, that is not something that we can do. Your Master Password is known only to you and never sent to AgileBits. We have an article in our support documentation that can help you try and remember your Master Password:

Recover your Master Password

As far as your license goes, I took a look in our back office records, but I was unable to find any license information attached to the email address that you have in your forum profile. Please send a message in to support+licenses@agilebits.com with your full name and the email address that you used to purchase 1Password, and we’d be happy to track down your license. :)

• ronv
    ronv
    Community Member

Similar problem! Using 1Password on my IMac since 2010. I purchased 1Password for 2 iPhones. Now I can't remember the master passwords for either one.
    I see that the marketing for the app is going to a monthly fee. Does that involve downloading new apps? I guess that would solve my problem with forgotten master passwords. Which is better - Apple app store or agile bits site? Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronv,

I see that the marketing for the app is going to a monthly fee. Does that involve downloading new apps?

1Password accounts were recently added as a new way to use 1Password. The apps themselves are still the same. The change is in how you pay for the app, and how sync is handled. 1Password accounts are a subscription service, so you’ll pay a monthly fee instead of purchasing a license outright. The subscription includes all of the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades included for as long as your account is active. With 1Password accounts, sync is handled by the server, so there’s no need to set up sync for each vault using a third party service.

Unfortunately, signing up for a 1Password account won’t solve your password problem. Your Master Password is the only way to access your 1Password data. So, I would suggest taking a look at the Recover your Master Password article to see if any of the tips there help you remember your Master Password. If you are unable to remember your existing Master Password, you’ll need to start over (the instructions for that are included at the bottom of the article).

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for you, but I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.