backup functionality missing when signed into 1password subscription service

clenart
clenart
Community Member

hi,

i used the backup functionality previously when syncing via dropbox, to keep backups of my vault on different backup devices.

now that i've migrated to the subscription service, i see that backups are no longer an option.

any reason? could these be reinstated? i like having a local backup.

• chris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @clenart , I'm sorry to hear that you miss the backup function for your 1Password account. I can understand your wish to have a local backup; I'm a bit paranoid about keeping copies of my data (passwords, addresses, various important documents) myself.
    The AgileBits servers automatically backup your data online, but do not make a local copy of the backups.

Currently, to create a local backup, you would need to keep a copy of all your items in your primary vault.
    However, you would then need to remember to copy each and every new item that you create online into your primary vault (or vice versa).
    As I am not a member of the AgileBits team, I'm unable to say if there are plans to make local backups from online accounts.

Cheers,
    Rob

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @clenart

Thank you for writing to us and telling show you like to use 1Password, we love to hear from our users! With 1Password accounts you don't have an option to backup because there's no local data that needs to be backed up. Everything's stored on our servers, and updated automatically. We'll keep in mind that you would also like to see local backups on B5.

While Rob's roundabout is probably the best option you have if you really want a local backup, keep in mind that you would need to update both copies of the items any changes that you make.

However, be sure that we will keep your suggestion in mind for the future!

If you have any other questions or there's anything else that we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.