How to sync to one backup location without loosing data? Two devices. not set at same backup place.

Karolyn
Karolyn
Community Member

Noticed the 1Password data on devices didn't match any more. Somehow the sync on my MacBook got changed from Dropbox to iCloud. Can't tell how long it's been that way. Can I merge the data so as to not loose the info? I could use either DB or iCloud as the location - just want to match it without trying to figure out what's different. I also use 1Password on my iPhone 6Plus.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My 1Password backed up in different places. MacBook in Dropbox and iMac in iCloud. How do I fix?

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Karolyn

Let me see if I got what's going right: one of your devices is syncing with iCloud while the other one is synching via Dropbox, so they are not actually syncing. Is this correct?

If this is the case, then you only need to change one of the syncing methods so they both match. You would not lose any data in the process, but you might have the opposite problem: you would end up having duplicates that you need to sort out by hand. Do you have most information on one of your devices or is it all split evenly? How long ago did you notice things weren't syncing anymore? About how many items seem to be out of Sync? This will help us get a strategy for you to minimize the amount of duplicates :chuffed:

I hope to hear back from you soon so all your data gets back in sync! :chuffed:

• Karolyn
    Karolyn
    Community Member

Originally I used Dropbox so I assume most data is there. The iCloud setting on my portable may have happened a couple months ago. If I don't loose data, I'll simple reset the primary sync for the portable, right?

• Karolyn
    Karolyn
    Community Member

I set the primary vault for the iMac and the macbook both to Dropbox. Still the two lists are different. What else must I do to merge them?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Karolyn

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble setting up syncing! So we can figure out what might be going on here as a first step I would like you to please go through this trouble shooting article. It's always the best way to start figuring this out! Please let us know if anything there did the trick or if we need to dig deeper.

I hope to hear back from you so you can be all set up and ready with 1Password :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.