1Password 4.4.3 extension with Brave

This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting the "code signature not verified" error in Brave browser.

Comments

• rrnowell
    rrnowell
    Community Member

I too am trying to use Brave (now, as of 20160810, at v0.11.4) with Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks and 1Password 4.4.3 and it is having the code signature problem. Brave tells me I need to update 1Password, but that is only possible if I go to Yosemite, which will cause me to leave behind some legacy apps and create a lot of work and possible purchases for me. Has AgilBits talked with Brave about this? I sent Brave an email stating that I don't think it really should be touted as running on Mavericks if 1Password won't work... obviously I feel strongly that 1Password is essential. Any light you can shine on this would be helpful. Thanks again for 1Password!

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @rrnowell,

I've split your post from the Windows thread about this since you're using 1Password 4.x for Mac and moved it to our Mac forum.

Generally, when talking about official support, it is assuming that you're on the latest supported version and in this case, it would be El Capitan (10.10.x) and 1Password 6 for Mac to get the support for Brave.

They are correct that you would need to update your macOS and 1Password versions, all latest browsers are only supported in the latest versions of 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.