Password generator UI cut off in macOS Sierra public beta.

mattkw
mattkw
Community Member

Hi, as the title says the password generator UI is getting cut off for me after installing the Sierra public beta.

This happens with the password generator in the Safari and Chrome 1Password extensions, 1Password Mini, and the full 1Password app. It also happens on both my MacBook and my iMac, regardless of the scaling settings in the Displays panel of System Preferences.

Perhaps this is a known issue with Sierra beta, but I did not find it searching the forums.

Here are some screenshots to show what I'm talking about.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: macOS 10.12 Beta (16A286a)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @mattkw ,

It looks like it's sizing the generator correctly, but it's placing the settings too far down. There's a large gap there that should be. I've been able to confirm it here and have raised a request to the development team to have it fixed.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-4304

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Hey folks, just came across this layout issue with the password generator tool. Scrolling wasn't possible so I just couldn't get to the lower bits which are hidden

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-16 (650016)
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 16A294a (macOS Sierra public beta)
    Sync Type: iCloud

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smallcheese,

Thanks for reporting this. Hope you don't mind that I've moved your post over to this related discussion where Kevin, one of our developers, has responded about it. Cheers! :)

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Perfect, thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, Mr. Tall … oh, @smallcheese. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.