1Password disabled by Firefox ESR 45.3.0 (not signed by Mozilla)

sunman42
sunman42
Community Member

Along with several other extensions, 1Password was disabled when Firefox ESR upgraded to 45.3.0. We use the eSR track at work per corporate policy, so I use it at home as well for compatibility. I take it from the discussion of e10s compatibility that you are still some months from a version of 1Password that will do what it needs to do and pass Mozilla's signing requirements. Is that correct?

Mozilla's extension signing mansplaining page: http://mzl.la/1J7Lcsp .

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Sync primary vault with Folder
Referrer: forum-search:Firefox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sunman42,

Thanks for writing in for help with this! It looks like the problem is that you're using an older version of the 1Password extension (4.4.2) which wasn't signed for Firefox 40 and higher. But starting with version 4.4.3 (released almost a year ago), it's signed and should work just fine - in fact, I'm using version 4.5.8 (the latest) with Firefox 48 and have no problems.

So you just need to update the 1Password extension - that normally happens automatically in Firefox, although perhaps that's disabled in Firefox on your Mac. When you go to the Add-ons Manager in Firefox, you should be able to click the 'gear' icon and select "Check for Updates". If for some reason that doesn't work, you can remove the old version of the extension and install the new one from here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Hopefully that solves the problem, but please let us know if you need more help. Cheers! :)

• sunman42
    sunman42
    Community Member

Thanks, Drew. I suspected that was the case, but I was surprised, because I had automatic updates enabled. I'm not certain why that didn't happen. In any case, I have the latest and greatest now, and 1Password is working once again.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sunman42

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that 1Password is back to working now for you :chuffed: If there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask!

This discussion has been closed.