1Password Focuses Itself on Chrome Developer Console

Options
mz103
mz103
Community Member
edited August 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

As a web developer, this is one of the most frustrating bugs I've ever experienced.

If I have the 1Password extension enabled, my console entries in the Chrome developer console are focused to the extension's scope, instead of the global scope. This was likely something a developer from AgileBits did to make debugging easier, but it's in the production version and is pissing me off because every time I reload the page I have to manually switch to the global scope.

I've tested it in and out, extensions disabled, and it comes down to 1Password's extension and that extension alone.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mz103
    mz103
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Update: this might be an issue with Chrome itself.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mz103 I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. I'm one of the extension developers, so perhaps I can help. Initially, I didn't know what you were referring to, and then I looked at the developer tools console. I do see that there is a popup where you can select different scopes. I never knew about this, so thanks for teaching me something today!

We do try to keep the extension's logging to a minimum because we know that the logs from extensions are mixed in with the logs from the page. You should see what it looks like in development! :chuffed:

I experimented a little bit with this and it seems like when the console is initially shown the scope is set to whatever was the last source of the logs. But if I changed it to "top" and left the console open, it remained set to top for subsequent navigations. Does that match your experience?

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• mz103
    mz103
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

@jxpx777 that's statement remains true only if you refresh and leave the console open.

Regardless, don't worry about it Jamie. I appreciate your response.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Jamie, you are most welcome! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.