What to expect when trial ends.

adrian12345
adrian12345
Community Member

I've been test riding 1password for the past few weeks, and though I think that it could benefit from an auto-change-password feature as well as better clutter cleanup in the logins list, the all around user-friendliness is a good fit for me. Currently I'm using both 1password on my desktop as well as my iphone, and would like to make sure that everything I'm experiencing now carries over once I get the one-time license purchase. Will I be able to have this when the trial ends?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adrian12345

Thank you for writing to us, it's great to hear you like 1Password and want to keep on using it! It looks like you've been using a 1Password Account. If you want to keep on having all the benefits and functionality that you're enjoying right now then what you need is a subscription. The main difference is that with a license the data is stored on your own computer, you have to manually set up a way to sync it between the two devices and you also can't have access via the web interface. The subscription data, as you are using right now, is stored on our servers. That's why it can be easily available on all your devices or even any computer! The fact that we are storing your data and taking care of it on ongoing basis is a service that you need to subscribe to if you want to enjoy it.

I hope this clears things up a bit, but if you have any more questions or there's anything else that you'd like to know, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

• adrian12345
    adrian12345
    Community Member

Hi Pilar, thanks for responding.

I don't currently have an online user account (trial or not), except for a teams and family account I briefly flirted with but ultimately found not to work for me. I'm currently just using the desktop client and am syncing the device over wifi. Is that the "manually" you were referring to? Because if so I'm fine with that and if the standalone license allows me to continue going on as I am I would prefer that.

Thanks!
    Adrian

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adrian12345,

I'm currently just using the desktop client and am syncing the device over wifi. Is that the "manually" you were referring to?

When we talk about manually syncing, we are referring to using Dropbox, iCloud, or Wi-Fi to keep your data up to date between your devices, yes.

Because if so I'm fine with that and if the standalone license allows me to continue going on as I am I would prefer that.

Awesome. I’m glad that a standalone license gives you what you’re looking for. You can get a desktop license from the AgileBits Store. The iOS app is always free (there’s no trial there), however if you want to take advantage of the Pro features which give you a bit more power and flexibility, they are available via a one-time In-App Purchase.

I hope this helps, but we’re here if you have any other questions or concerns!

• adrian12345
    adrian12345
    Community Member

Thank you, Megan, that was very helpful and straight forward.

Adrian

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Adrian ( @adrian12345 ),

So glad I could help! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you there’s anything else you’d like to know about 1Password. :)

• adrian12345
    adrian12345
    Community Member

Of course, Megan. The only other remaining concern is the one I addressed in the other thread in the lounge, that being the question of ongoing updates and support for holders of stand-alone licenses.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adrian12345

I think that Ben has gone into quite some detail on that thread. If you decided to get the license you can be sure that we will continue to support it and add new things to it. :chuffed:

• adrian12345
    adrian12345
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

@Pilar
    Awesome.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.