Problem with 1Password extension blocking rackspace.com functionality

Options

Hi,

We use Rackspace to provide hosted email solutions and as part of this, we have to add the domain along with the other customer details and until recently, this hasn't been a problem at all but recently we've been unable to add the domain name into Rackspace and after much troubleshooting, we've determined that this is down to the 1Password plugin in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

If we uninstall the extension it works fine, but we add the extension back in, either from the Safari gallery or the beta version of the extension, we can no longer add in the domain again so it's definitely an issue with the extension and I'm hoping you might have a clue what could be causing this and how we can get it resolved?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:rackspace

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @OxfordStu,

I’m not sure I understand where things are getting tangled up here. Could you please tell me a bit more about how you are adding the domain to Rackspace? Are you using 1Password to fill in the details or attempting to type a domain manually into a field?

The 1Password extension has limited power to act on a webpage, it shouldn’t be able to do much more than take the information that is given to it by 1Password and fill it in the appropriate fields.

• OxfordStu
    OxfordStu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Once we're logged in, we don't use 1Password at all to enter any of the details into Rackspace itself, we locate the customer and type the domain in manually. Rackspace reports that the domain has been entered but it doesn't reach their server and is never actually entered. This occurs on Safari, Firefox and Chrome when 1Password plugin is active, if I de-activate the plugin, all those browsers start working again even though 1P doesn't appear to be involved at all in the actual usage of the Rackspace page once we're logged in.

I've just been through the process again using the error console in Safari and the only error I can see is "ReferenceError: Can't find variable: yes" then "nrWrapper - Add.aspx:9:11773:"

When I disable the 1P plugin, I don't get that error and the process of adding a domain works. Could there be some JavaScript in your Plugin that's clashing with something on the Rackspace page?

It's a very odd problem as you say, 1P doesn't really act on the webpage unless I'm logging in but we have confirmed the above problem on 2 different Macs and disabling 1P always resolves the problem.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @OxfordStu,

Thank you for the additional details! That's really quite strange and I don't know why or how the 1Password extension would be causing a problem submitting forms on that website. But from your description, it certainly seems like the 1Password extension is involved somehow.

In order to help us take a further look into what's going on, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• OxfordStu
    OxfordStu
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I've submitted the report and the Support ID is #AWX-54371-394.

Thanks for your help so far and look forward to hearing back from you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @OxfordStu! We received your Diagnostics Report, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: AWX-54371-394

This discussion has been closed.