The copy/reveal/large type dropdown menu in 1Password Mini automatically closes.

mattkw
mattkw
Community Member

Hi.

I've been dealing with this minor issue for a while, but finally got annoyed enough by it to take the time to make a screen recording and report it.

Basically, when opening an item in 1Password Mini and using the dropdown menu next to the password field (intending to select "large type" for instance), the dropdown menu will immediately close itself the first time it is opened. It must then be opened again.

This also occurs when doing the same steps with the 1Password extensions for Safari and Chrome. However, it doesn't occur when using the full 1Password app or using the "anchored" windows that are opened from 1Password Mini or the browser extensions.

I am fairly sure this is the same issue detailed here. However that post is relatively old and the bug still doesn't seem to have been addressed in the current stable version of 1Password.

Here is a screen recording demonstrating the issue.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: macOS 10.12 Beta (16A286a), OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattkw

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. You have a very interesting issue going on here! Thank you for the screen recording and all the details you gave us, that makes it much easier for us to find the answers! At this point I would like to have some more information about what's going on inside 1Password for you, so I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• mattkw
    mattkw
    Community Member

Ok, here is my support ID number from the BitBot: [#GLM-77964-189]

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattkw,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: GLM-77964-189

• jhubb
    jhubb
    Community Member

I've also got this problem. I've just accepted it but it's getting annoying now.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jhubb,

I'm sorry you're also running into this issue in 1Password mini! Our developers are aware of this, and although I don't have a timeframe for when it will be fixed, I'll add your comments to our internal tracker to let our developers know it's also affecting you. I know a small bug like that can become quite annoying over time, and I apologize for the inconvenience!

Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else - we're here for you! :)

ref: OPM-4609

• jhubb
    jhubb
    Community Member

Thanks for letting me know. Yes, it's very annoying. Especially as most of the website I visit regularly need characters 3-4-8-16 from my password to log in. Large Type is great for that!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad Large Type has been so helpful for you! Hopefully it'll be even more helpful once we squash this bug and it works on the first try. :)

This discussion has been closed.