Can't Save Credit Card (new issue)

Community Member

Being on the bleeding edge is always ... interesting.
I've just accepted the invitation for the new personal service with annual billing after 6 free months at a reduced rate of "JUSTME".
I've already got 1Password on my Mac and iOS devices and now they're hooked into this new and much better (I'm sure) version.

Except for one tine issue: When, in My Account, I try to enter my credit card for use in the future - in case I forget 6 months down the road - I'm told there's a network error and can't enter it.

Is my experience unique? I don't believe in bugs that happen only once (after almost 50 years in IT).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Hi @Offline , I recently joined you 'on the bleeding edge' …

Sorry to hear that you're having problems entering your credit card details. I've tried out all the possibilities available in 1Password without a hitch; so here's my suggestion:
    What you are experiencing is probably a glitch along the long path to the AgileBits servers and is temporary.
    I'm guessing that you're entering your data online?

You can enter your credit card details etc. directly into your personal account's vault whilst working offline. The next time your Mac is able to get a secure connection to the internet, it will sync your personal vault to the AgileBits servers.
    I'm sure that once you restart your Mac (if the problem persists), you'll find everything works perfectly again.

Hope this helps, but feel free to ask more if not. The AgileBits staff will be around soon.

Cheers,
    Rob

• Jasper
    edited August 2016

Hi @Offline,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Do you have anti-virus, browser extensions, or other security software that might be intercepting or blocking the connection to our payment processor? If so, could you please try temporarily disabling them and see if that helps?

A few other users have reported this issue as well, and that was the cause of the problem for all of them.

Community Member

I'm on a Mac and turned off adblock on both Safari and Firefox. I could try with Chrome or Opera, if necessary; however I have some questions about moving data from my default vault on the copies I purchased to the new licensed version - which I suppose should be posted in another forum

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Offline,

I'm on a Mac and turned off adblock on both Safari and Firefox.

Did that seem to solve the problem? After reading your message, I'm unsure if the issue is still happening. We'll of course be happy to continue helping you with that if it is! :)

If the problem still happens when you try to create a new Credit Card item, then it sounds like it happens every time you try? Or did it just happen the one time? Do you have any trouble creating other types of items? Are you able to successfully create new items in the 1Password app on your Mac instead of on 1Password.com?

I have some questions about moving data from my default vault on the copies I purchased to the new licensed version - which I suppose should be posted in another forum

It's best to start a new thread for a separate/unrelated question, as that helps avoid confusion. If you have questions about how to move your data to your new 1Password account, this knowledgebase article might be helpful: Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

But if that doesn't answer your questions, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be more than happy to help! :)

Community Member

The new vault is working fine now. I exported and imported, then changed default vaults and synched on my MacBook Pro. The IOS devices updated automatically.

Do't have time check out the MasterCard yet. But I will soon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! We're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.