Account still frozen - confusion with two member possibilities

sosturm
sosturm
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Mac

Hello, on April, 18th I bought for 64 $ a 1 password single license - as you can see here: [link removed by admin]

Now my account is frozen and I have to pay monthly fees.
That sounds incroyable for me: 64 $ and after that I had to pay monthly on top?

I tried to install the version (see link upon) several times - but the license-Button only leads me to your webside.
The support told me that teher are two member-versions. What can I do if I only want to use 1password - but I don´t want to pay monthly on top!

PS: I haven´t any sync-Types...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sosturm,

I sincerely apologize for the confusion here. There are currently two different ways to use (and pay for) 1Password: a subscription fee for 1Password accounts, or a standalone license for the 1Password apps themselves.

It sounds to me like you’ve both signed up for an account and purchased a license. Since you’re not interested in switching to a 1Password account at this time, we simply need to get that license file added to 1Password and then migrate your data from your 1Password account into some standalone vaults.

I removed the link in your post to your license file, as this is personal information that you likely don’t want shared in a public forum. But, if you have that link, you should have all you need to license your copy of 1Password. When you follow the link the page should include a “Click here to Apply Your 1Password License“ statement. Does this not open 1Password and license the app for you?

• sosturm
    sosturm
    Community Member

Hello,
    thanks for removing my link.
    That´s the problem: the link in the Email does not open 1Password and license the app for me!
    best regards..

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sosturm,

Hmm, I'm not sure why it isn't working when you click the "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License" link in the email. Just to be sure, if you open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password 6 > License from the menubar, what do you see in the window that opens?

If that window says "Thank you for supporting 1Password!", that means it worked (the license was applied) and you're all set.

On the other hand, if that window says you're still in Trial Mode, you can download the license file and manually add it to 1Password:

• In your license email, right-click on "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License" and copy the link.
    • Paste that link into the address bar of your browser, and it should download a copy of your license file to your Downloads folder.
    • In the 1Password app, go to 1Password 6 > License and click the 'Add License' button in the window that opens.
    • Navigate to the license file you downloaded and choose it.

Please let us know how it all goes and if you have trouble with any of that. Thanks! :)

• sosturm
    sosturm
    Community Member

O.k., in the 1Password app I go to >Softwarelizenzen< an click on it. After that I can see the 1 Object (1Password6). On the right side I cann see the Infos about the license: Name, Kaufdatum etcpp

In short: the license is there.

BUT

My Account is still frozen....

The support told me with that problem I have to click on the link (I sent it to you) and the license don´t work.

Honestly: I don´t understand the problem: I payed (64 $!!!), the license is there - but my Account is frozen.

:(((( >_<

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sosturm: I'll reply via email in a moment. It's a bit confusing to have two conversations going on, but I wanted to follow up here in case it helps anyone else:

1Password Accounts do not use licenses. A license is for the standalone app, not a "token" for a subscription. Using the license will work with any local vaults you create (Primary, Secondary). However any vaults belonging to the 1Password Account will be frozen (read only) if the subscription lapses.

The only way to un-freeze a 1Password Account is to add payment information and subscribe. If all you need is the standalone app and you've already purchased the license for it, there's no need to buy anything else. But in order to enjoy all of the benefits of a 1Password Account, you'll need to pay for the subscription.

Regardless, even with a frozen account, you can access the data and either export it or copy it to a local vault. I hope this helps!

• sosturm
    sosturm
    Community Member

Hello and thanks!
    I asked you in the last Email HOW I can copy one Vault to another Vault?
    (copy & paste or Export/import)??
    Best regards,
    SSturm

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sosturm

This video will help you with that in detail: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ :chuffed:

The short answer is that "copy-paste" or "move" will move items within 1Password, from one vault to another while "export-import" is to deal with passwords that come from other apps that are not 1Password.

If you have any other question please let us know, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.