Losing my column choices / widths with layout "Top" & system prefs set to Show Scroll Bars "Always"

Brian_Holmes
Brian_Holmes
Community Member

In the main 1Password application window, I'm having trouble retaining my choice of columns to view and their widths. The problem appears to manifest itself only when I have the OS X System Preferences-->General-->Show Scroll Bars set to "Always" (which is my long-time habit).

I believe the same problem is described in this older post:
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/41534/recall-column-selection-for-display-in-top-item-list-layout-issue-with-show-scroll-bars-always

I'm on a Mac, OS X 10.11.6 and using 1Password 6.3.2 (AgileBits store version). To reproduce:

Set OS X System Preferences-->General-->Show Scroll Bars set to "Always"
In the main 1Password application, set View-->Item List Layout-->Top
Select "All Items" in the left pane
Delete one or more columns, or resize columns, or re-arrange columns.
Quit 1Password
Re-open 1Password
...and now --- the deleted and/or rearranged columns are set back to the original defaults.

I want to show a minimal number of columns in order to minimize the screen area that's used up, while still seeing the info that I deem important.

I totally admit this is not a big problem, as probably most people don't use "Show Scroll Bars = Always". However, for me it's a constant annoyance in an otherwise superb piece of software.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Brian_Holmes ,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. With your explanation, I was able to reproduce the bug. I will raise a request with the team to get it fixed.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-3154

• Brian_Holmes
    Brian_Holmes
    Community Member

Thank you, Kevin. I realize this won't be of the highest priority, but it's been "bugging" me for quite some time now, and it's difficult for an old guy like me to change habits (e.g., the system scroll bar setting). It sure would be nice if it could be addressed at some point!

In any case, I want to add that over the years (since 1Password 3, I think), I've been extremely impressed with both the software quality AND the support quality provided by Agilebits. IMHO everyone there (developers, support people, etc., and even the management, I suppose!) deserves a gigantic Thank You from us users!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Brian_Holmes,

Thanks so much for your kind words! We’ll do what we can to get this resolved for you soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.