1Password.com login works erratically with 1Password!

Options

I've created two 1Password.com login records for my paid Family Account which has two members. One for me (Organizer) and one for my wife (Member). As I look at these two login records in 1Password they appear to be constructed correctly (username, password, website and Account Key fields). In fact, sometimes they work just fine when I'm on the 1Password.com login screen and 1P Mini shows me both logins. But at other times, on the same login screen, if I choose my login (via 1P Mini), it submits my wife's login. At other times, when I choose mine or my wife's login, it will not fill out the Account Key field and leaves it blank. Sometimes, it will fill out all fields, but then rejects the login because of an "Invalid Account Key. I've recreated both of these login records several times, but they still act in these seemingly random ways.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in 1Password not working with the 1Password.com login? :) I'm still 1P's biggest fan (for almost 10 years), but seriously folks, this is not quite ready for prime time yet! See my other post about problems syncing the built-in Shared vault for software version info, but in short, I'm on the latest version of ALL software involved.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jwholder: It sounds like you may be doing the dumb thing I tend to do (note: it's only dumb when I do it, since I should really know better by now!) When logging into 1Password.com, if we don't check "This is a public or shared computer", the email address and Account Key will be stored locally. So for example, I login to my administrator account, and the next time I go there, only the Master Password needs to be filled. But then I try logging into my "regular" user from the same account, and that Master Password is filled — along with the email and Account Key from the previous user I'd logged into. Does that match what you're seeing?

My way around this (when I think of it) is using different browsers for different members of the same account. That way I still only need to enter the Master Password, but each browser is setup with the other.

That said, in order to test this if there's something else going on, it will be crucial to know some basic information you left out of your post: the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using. And be sure to include the exact steps so we can try to reproduce the issue. Thanks in advance! :)

• jwholder
    jwholder
    Community Member
    Options

What you've described does seem to be the case I'm running into. Thanks for the clarification!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jwholder

On behalf of brenty, you're very welcome! I hope that 1Password is easier to work with for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or there's anything else that we can help you with please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.