Sign in to Different Computer

cemjay21
cemjay21
Community Member

I will be using a family member's computer while travelling. They already have a 1Password account and I have a sepearate one of my own (both are licenses, not family/team accounts). I would like to log out of their account and log into my own for the duration of my trip. They will still be using their account on other devices and so we do NOT want to delete all of their account information (which I am afraid would happen if we follow the Start Over instructions!).

Is there a way to do this that will keep both accounts intact (but only one active on the Mac at one time)?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: 6.3.1
OS Version: El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If you set up their computer to have you as a different user (through the Users and Groups system preference) then your use of 1PW would be completely separate from theirs. Of course, you would still have to get your data onto their machine, but could use Dropbox or iCloud for that, or just a USB stick.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cemjay21

I think that danco's answer is the easiest and most straight forward way to deal with this. This will give you the added benefit of having all your stuff together in one place on the computer without affecting the owner's settings. You can then delete the user and everything should go back to normal :chuffed: You can take a look at your options to sync your data here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Please let us know if you try this and if you have any questions or bump into any trouble, please don't hesitate to ask. We're always here for you :chuffed:

• cemjay21
    cemjay21
    Community Member

Ah brilliant! I don't know why that never even occurred to me... it worked perfectly for what I need.

Many many thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cemjay21

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that this solves your problem :chuffed: If you need help with anything else or you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask, we're always here for you!

This discussion has been closed.