Pincode for 1Password for Mac?

twoxtix
twoxtix
Community Member

Having a four digit pincode (IOS version) is very useful. Would it be possible to introduce the same feature in 1Password for Mac?

1Password Version: 6.3.1 (Mac) ; 6.4.4 (IOS)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6 ; IOS 9.3.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:passcode

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@twoxtix: I won't say "never", but it doesn't make a lot of sense to have this on a computer with a full keyboard. PIN codes are horrendously weak, and anyone with access to the machine could install software to brute force it. Time consuming, but possible. Honestly the only reasons we have this feature in the mobile app are because of the enhanced security of iOS, the fact that you can set a device passcode, and that tiny onscreen keyboards are pretty difficult when it comes to typing long passwords. Touch ID forever! :)

• Alejandro_Godoy
    Alejandro_Godoy
    Community Member

Hello, I was looking for this as well, as my 1P password is so loooong and secure, as it should be. Couldn't it work with maybe 3 attempts and then ask for full password if failed? Is not like that on iOS? I'd love to have the latest iPhone but is a bit costly...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know you're also interested in that, @Alejandro_Godoy! I don't believe our developers have any current plans to add a PIN Code feature to 1Password for Mac, although perhaps it's something they can consider for the future (I can't make any promises one way or the other, though).

Please let us know if you have more questions or need anything else. Cheers! :)

• Alejandro_Godoy
    Alejandro_Godoy
    Community Member

Hope there is a way to do it without compromising security, thanks anyway.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.