Problem printing bank statement using Safari via 1Password on my iPad.

Options
MikesAgileBits
MikesAgileBits
Community Member

I have often displayed my bank statement in PDF using Safari via 1Password. I would print and/or save it to iBooks. I cannot do this any more after the latest updates. I can log into my bank using Safari alone (not using 1Password to get to the bank) and I can print the statement and save it to iBooks. When I ask it to print, blank pages appear to be printed. I cannot save it to iBooks either.

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.3.4
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Printing PDF files on Safari on an iPad

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MikesAgileBits,

If I understand you correctly, you’re using mobile Safari and not 1Browser, the browser that is built into the 1Password app, is that right? If so, I’m not quite sure that 1Password is the cause of the issue here. The 1Password app extension in Safari will fill your details on the bank’s sign in screen, and that’s basically it. There’s no further interaction with Safari after your details have been filled in.

Or is 1Password no longer properly signing you in to your bank on mobile Safari?

• MikesAgileBits
    MikesAgileBits
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is not filling in my username/password, etc. I display the bank statement which is in PDF format. I can either print the statement and/or save it in iBooks. Just using Safari alone without going through 1Password, I can do this every time. When I use 1Passowrd to go to my bank (everything filled in by 1Password), I cannot print the statement (the pages are blank). I cannot save it to iBooks either. I have been able to do print/save the statement in the past with 1Password. The difference is using 1Password to login to my bank.

• Ben
    Options

@MikesAgileBits

Could you please try using the 1Password extension within Safari to login to your bank? You can read about this here:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in other apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope that helps!

Ben

• MikesAgileBits
    MikesAgileBits
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password extension worked to fill in username and password. I was able to print and save to iBooks Everything fine except I had to go into 1Password to copy the URL for my bank. I have 145 such places. I would like to go into 1Password, tap the URL and let 1Password take me to the site and log me in.

• Ben
    Options

1Password was never intended to be a bookmark manager, though I understand why some folks use it that way.

I wish we had a better solution for 1Browser, but if we're able to improve there it'll take development work and as such won't be possible overnight. Hopefully what I've suggested above will help at least until (if) we're able to make such improvements.

Ben

• MikesAgileBits
    MikesAgileBits
    Community Member
    Options

I have been using 1Passoword for a long time. On my iPad, I store my username, password, and URL in 1Password. I click on the URL, got to the site and 1Password fills in my username and password. In the past I was able to print my displayed bank statement in PDF and/or save it to iBooks. This was a routine procedure. As of late, I cannot print my displayed bank statement (blank pages), nor can I save it to iBooks if I click on the URL in 1Password. If I use Safari alone, I can print the statement and save it to iBooks. If I use the 1Password extension, I have to copy the URL from some place and put it in Safari, then let the extension fill in the username and password. This degrades the use of 1Password. By the way, once the URL is clicked in 1Password, 1Browser fills in the username and password, then Safari takes over. 1Browser is no longer used. Somehow, the use of 1Password is contaminating Safari some way. Please look into this. I like 1Password. I do not plan to change to another app. 1Password is for me.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @MikesAgileBits.

Does Safari not remember the URLs you've previously visited for you? For example, for me, if I start typing agi Safari will offer up the link to this website: discussions.agilebits.com. Safari bookmarks may also aleviate some of that difficulty.

I'm not sure I follow when you say "Safari takes over. 1Browser is no longer used." If you tap a link within 1Password the browser that you get is 1Browser, not Safari. If you see a bar at the top like this one then you are in 1Browser (note the 1Password 'key' icon):

Ben

• MikesAgileBits
    MikesAgileBits
    Community Member
    Options

After I press the key icon in 1Browser, I am logged into my bank. After this, it is definetly Safari. I do not have to call up Safari, it is used after I login.

• Ben
    Options

@MikesAgileBits,

I'm not sure how that would be possible. What indication do you have that the app you're in is Safari after using 1Browser to login?

Also -- I believe you mentioned you're able to do what you were trying to do from Safari? So it seems if indeed that were the case, that would be a good thing? :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.