How can I copy log in info so I can paste it into a document?

TonyP
TonyP
Community Member

I want to create a paper record with certain log ins that will be stored in a safe. I can't seem to be able to copy and entire record. Am I missing something? I would prefer to be able to edit the record instead of taking screenshots.
Thanks

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: ???
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how can i copy log in records?

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @TonyP , You can print your 1Passwords items simply by hitting command+p or going to the File Menu > Print. You will be prompted for your Master Password.
    However, one feature is sadly missing from 1Password — you can not select specific items to print, it's 'All Or Nothing'.

If you choose to print out a PDF file instead of hard copy, the PDF is not password protected, so it is fully editable. To be able to edit your PDF, however, you will need Adobe Acrobat Pro (not the Reader) or an application such as Adobe Illustrator, which can read .eps/.pdf files.

I hope this helps, but don't hesitate to ask if you have further enquiries.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TonyP

I think that the solution that Rob suggests might just be the right one for you :chuffed: Just be sure to delete the file from your computer once you've printed it on paper, or anyone would have open access to all your data! Just to clarify, it's not completely "All or nothing", you would be printing a Vault. If you want to print only a few items you can always create anew vault, copy the items you want to print there, print them and then delete the vault. :chuffed:

Please let us know how this turns out for you and if you have any other questions or there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• TonyP
    TonyP
    Community Member

Thank you Rob & Pilar,

I got it done with your support. With much appreciation and gratitude,

Tony

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TonyP,

I’m so glad that Rob and Pilar’s advice helped you get things sorted! Thanks for letting us know.

If you have any other questions about 1Password, we’re always here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.