Total Confusion about signing into Agilebits and all the items I must keep?

blackxacto
blackxacto
Community Member

I successfully downloaded version 6.3.2 app. No issue.

My issue is signing into Agilebits. How the heck do you do it anymore? I signed into the forum successfully. Why the heck is it so dang complicated to sign into Agilebits?

What is this golden medallionitem I received that says it is a 1password-license, do I keep it, why?

I want the pdf to record my numbers, but apparently I can't get it until I sign into Agilebits. Why do you folk's make this so dang complex?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blackxacto,

I apologize for the confusion here. Let’s see if we can clear things up. When you talk about signing in to AgileBits, are you referring to the 1Password app on your Mac or a 1Password account?

It’s important to note here that signing into the AgileBits forums (while great for troubleshooting) has no connection to your 1Password data, or any license information stored with us.

If you have a 1Password license and are syncing via iCloud as indicated in your post, you’re likely using 1Password without an account. That’s totally fine. When you view the setup screens of 1Password, you should see an option to ‘Use 1Password without an Account’. This will allow you to point 1Password at your existing data into iCloud.

Please let me know if this helps!

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Megan, yes, I am confused. This weekend everytime I VISITED AgileBits ON THE WEB, I couldn't figure out how to get your three blanks filled in. No, I don't rent 1Password per month, I use the 1Password app on my Mac successfully. However, I successfully got to the AgileBitrs Forum to ask the question about the three blanks.

I wanted to visit the AgileBits site, so I don't understand why I have to have three blanks filled in. Are you saying I must now buy a monthly rental account to visit the AgileBits site (by signing into the 3 blanks)? Is the three blanks for rental purchasers?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blackxacto,

Are you referring to these 3 fields?

This is the sign in page for 1Password accounts. It provides web access for users who have accounts and allows them to manage their vaults via a web interface. If you’ve purchased the 1Password app and are not using a subscription, then there is no need to sign in to this page. In fact, you won’t have the necessary details to sign in correctly.

If you want to visit our website, you can check out 1Password.com (which will tell you more about 1Password accounts), or you can check out our blog for all sorts of interesting articles. And of course, there’s always our discussion forums here.

Could you tell me a bit more about why you were visiting the AgileBits site? Perhaps I can provide you with a better link to explore.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

The only reason to visit the site was to find out why I am filling in three blanks, that I know nothing about, and how to get the three things I need to fill in the three blanks. I didn't understand why I couldn't visit the website to check to see if my download was the latest 1Password. I did not buy from Apple, I bought 1P direct from AgileBits site.

It seems to me that AgileBits needs to explain clearly where to get to the site, if you don't rent. It's taken me this conversation to understand I don't pay for access to whatever is behind the three blanks.

I suggest if you don't want us (that don't rent) to go to AgileBits, to allow us to access all our downloads from the Apple App Store. But there is some reason I can't get my downloads from the store because I bought it direct from AgileBits, which I think was a big mistake.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

Hi @blackxacto, you should be able to go to www.agilebits.com
    and access downloads of the 1Password software which you can use with your existing license. The 1password.com website is part of their new (optional) service but isn't anything you're using, from what you said. I'll let @Megan chime in if she has any more details, I'm just another customer :-) Hope you get it figured out!

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

I said I went to www.agilebits.com and was greeted by three blanks to fill in. Just forget it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blackxacto,

I'm really sorry this has all been so frustrating and confusing for you! I am positive we can help to clear all this up.

I said I went to www.agilebits.com and was greeted by three blanks to fill in.

If you go to https://agilebits.com/ (which is the website address that should appear if you enter www.agilebits.com in the address bar), you should see our main site. It doesn't have the three fields you referred to, and instead looks like this:

It's possible to get to the sign-in page (with the three fields) from there if you click on certain links. Or you may have gone directly to 1Password.com (which, as dszp explained, is about our new subscription services/accounts) and clicked on the "Sign in" link at the top. When someone signs up for a 1Password subscription/account, they can access their 1Password data by signing into their account from that sign-in page. If you don't have a 1Password account (and it sounds like you don't), you don't need to worry about 1Password.com or the sign-in page at all.

The only reason to visit the site was to find out why I am filling in three blanks, that I know nothing about, and how to get the three things I need to fill in the three blanks.

As Megan and I explained, the sign-in page (with the three fields) is where you would sign into your 1Password account, if you had one - but it sounds like you don't (which is fine!) so you can simply ignore that sign-in page. You'll have no need for it without an a 1Password.com account. It's like other sign-in pages on other websites.

I didn't understand why I couldn't visit the website to check to see if my download was the latest 1Password. I did not buy from Apple, I bought 1P direct from AgileBits site.

It sounds like you simply clicked the wrong links and ended up on the sign-in page by accident. To find our download site, simply go to https://agilebits.com/ and click the 'Downloads' link at the top.

You're already using the latest version (currently 6.3.2). It will automatically check for updates and notify you if/when one is available, so you won't need to keep checking our download site.

It seems to me that AgileBits needs to explain clearly where to get to the site, if you don't rent.

We try to make it as clear as possible by putting the 'Downloads' link right at the top of our main agilebits.com site. But it sounds like you went to 1Password.com where the Downloads link isn't as easy to find. I'll let someone here know that it would help to have that link at the top of 1Password.com as well. Thank you for the feedback! :)

I suggest if you don't want us (that don't rent) to go to AgileBits, to allow us to access all our downloads from the Apple App Store.

The only way to download 1Password from the Mac App Store is if you purchase it there. Apple doesn't provide a way to convert a license for the AgileBits Store version of 1Password to the Mac App Store version. The Mac App Store is controlled entirely by Apple so we can't change that - it's simply the way the Mac App Store works. But that shouldn't be a concern because you can always download the 1Password app from our own download site if you need to.

Again, I'm very sorry for any confusion/frustration the 1Password.com site may have caused! Hopefully this helps to clear things up, but please don't hesitate to let us know if you have more questions about that or something else. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.