After changing password in account I get no auto login on login page

PatrickHenry
PatrickHenry
Community Member

1Password does not automatically open in login page. It does work, however, from the extension. Why?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PatrickHenry,

I’d love to help figure out where things are getting tangled, but I’m going to need a bit more detail here.

• Could you tell me how you changed the password for this account? For example, did 1Password prompt you to update your existing Login once you had completed the process?
    • When you say “1Password does not automatically open the Login page” how are you making the request? Are you clicking the web address is the 1Password app?
    • When you say that the extension works as expected, how are you accessing the extension? Do you click the icon after the page is visible, or do you open the extension first, find the item and click so that 1Password does the opening and filling?
    • What website is this for? (We’d love to do some testing on our end).

Step one of the troubleshooting process is re-tracing your steps so that we can hopefully see the same thing that you’re seeing, so the more detail you can provide, the more quickly we’ll be able to get to the bottom of this!

Thanks for your help. :)

• PatrickHenry
    PatrickHenry
    Community Member

Firstly, thanks so much for the always prompt response. The problem is solved and was likely caused by my entering an incorrect Login Title. I was instructed by the bank program to change my password. After I changed the password the User ID and Password would not show on the Login page. When I tried the extension, I must have been using the old Login Title. The website was Byline bank. All is good now and I apologize for being like the little shepherd who cried "Wolf." Many thanks again and, hopefully, this indicates that some of your expertise is sinking in here. Patrick Henry

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PatrickHenry,

Well, I’m so glad to hear that everything is working smoothly for you again! If you notice 1Password doing anything else that seems out of the ordinary, never hesitate to ask - we’re always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.