WLAN Server button missing.

timmyd7777
timmyd7777
Community Member

Hi. I'm a new 1password user. I want to sync my data locally over my home Wi-Fi network between my Mac and my iPhone. I don't want to use any kind of cloud sync, and I don't want it to go to your servers - I want all my data to stay local. I followed the instructions on this page:

https://support.1password.com/wlan-server/

but the "WLAN Server" button mentioned is missing from all of my Preferences tabs. I'd love to send you a screenshot but this 21st-century web form doesn't allow me to attache anything. Is this a paid-only feature? How do I turn on the WLAN server?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @timmyd7777,

Based on your description it sounds like you're possibly signed into a 1Password account? you can verify this by opening the preferences window and clicking on the accounts tab. When you're using 1Password in Accounts only mode certain functions (backup, sync, WLAN server) aren't needed and aren't available.

If your intent is to keep all your data local then you would want to purchase a license for 1Password instead of using a 1Password account subscription.

Rudy

• timmyd7777
    timmyd7777
    Community Member

Yes, that was it. I purchased a license. I'm running locally without an account now. Thanks!

• Thanks for the update, @timmyd7777. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.