I just downloaded the trial version of 1Password on my Mac.

anandiji
anandiji
Community Member

I use parallels so am trying to set up dropbox so that I can access my passwords through Windows.
In 1Password 6.3.2 preferences, I am missing the sinc, wireless and backup icons.

What do I need to do to get access to those icons?

MacOS: 10.11.6

Thank you

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @anandiji

It's great to hear that you're trying out 1Password! I'm sorry if there's been some confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. It looks like you have subscribed for a 1Password Account. In this case your data is stored on our servers and you only need to add your account on your other devices. You don't need to set up sync manually. If what you want is to keep on using 1Password this way, which is the easiest way to do it, then you only need to download our Beta of 1Password 6 for Windows and add your account. All your data will be there right away!

If you don't want the benefits of a 1Password Account, then you can enable local vaults by going to "Preferences" then "Advanced" and enable "Allow creation of Vaults outside of 1Password accounts". The options that you mention will be available and you'll be able to create a local vault that you can share with dropbox. Keep in mind that you would have to move your items into that local vault.

If you have any questions or there's anything else that you'd like to know about either of these options, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

• anandiji
    anandiji
    Community Member

Hi... I downloaded the 1Password 6 for windows. I made changes to my email address yesterday. None of those changes sinc'd with 1Password6 for windows. I just did the update too. What can I do to get 1Password 6 to sinc?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @anandiji

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble with 1Password. Have you added your account on both your devices? Could you please check if the information for the account is the same for both of them?

I hope to hear back from you soon to get you set up and ready with 1Password :chuffed:

• anandiji
    anandiji
    Community Member

HI Pilar
    I hope you are having a great day. The link you took me to was about "migrating to a team or family account". Is this what you meant to send me? I am a single user. I am not setting up a family account.

I changed a bunch of passwords on my accounts on Sunday. What I did was change them thru my extension on my safari app. Then I rechecked everything Tuesday and I had to redo a bunch of the work because it didn't sinc. I just got my new iPhone 7. I downloaded the app and opened it. What I am finding is:
    1. When I change a password with safari extension, or with the app thru applications. It will sinc between the two.
    2. On my iPhone 7, some changes sink's through but not all changes.
    3. On my PC at work, none of the changes sinc'd at all.

Am I missing something? Having to redo the work and move between all 4 places to make sure it sinc's all the way through is counter-productive and doesn't feel secure. My friend has the application and doesn't have this issue. I am wondering if getting the application would be better, at this point.

Thank you for your time.

• anandiji
    anandiji
    Community Member

HI Pilar,
    I just un-installed and re-installed the 1password app on my iphone. And two of my accounts still will not update with the correct log-in info.

Thanks

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @anandiji

I'm having a really nice day, thank you very much for your good wishes! I hope you have an awesome one yourself!

I'm sorry to hear that there's still some trouble with 1Password, but don't fear! Together we'll get this sorted out :chuffed:

Lets get to this one thing at a time! Can you please check on each of your devices if you have added your account? To do this go to Preferences or Settings in 1Password (depending on the OS you're dealing with) and then find "Accounts". If you've added yours you'll be able to see it there. If you see it missing in any of your devices you can find the instructions to add it on the migration link I shared above :chuffed:

Can you please check this and let me know when your Account has been added on all of your devices so we can go to the next step and make sure your data is on the right place in each of them?

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get you ready to enjoy 1Password on all your devices!

This discussion has been closed.