Credit Card Type

Graemezee
Graemezee
Community Member

I have just used a website the rejected my submission a as the card was designated as a visa card Being a governments site they do not allow credit cards to be used The Card is a Visa debit card and not a credit card. as there is no designation for this type of card i had to manually file the form

There seems to be no way to change the designation of the card hopefully this will not be a problem on most site but it looks like another developing problem

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Graemezee,

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

Could you please let us know what page this difficulty occurred on? I've never happened across a page that made a distinction between VISA debit and VISA credit before. In fact I can't say that I've ever come across a website that charges a debit card as debit... How do they do that without your PIN (hopefully you aren't forced to provide the PIN for your debit card)?

Ben

• Graemezee
    Graemezee
    Community Member

Hi the Site is www.gov.uk/vehicletax you may not be able to get there as you need tax reference number to reach the payment page. The Site rejected my payment as the only thing different from my 1Password settings was the card type obviously the form was filled with the card type as visa this was rejected the only way to get the payment accepted was to change the card type to Visa debit intact the page clear the form with a red box saying something about not accepting credit cards and highlited the the card type as a Visa debit the pin was not asked for i would think that maybe the option to have visa in the dropdown menu may not have been available hence the rejection. Cannot get to the page again as the bill has been paid they may have a web team available to discuss the problem

Graeme

• Thanks for the feedback, Graeme!

Ben

• JeremyRYoung
    JeremyRYoung
    Community Member

I got here just now after encountering this problem it on the DVLA site (as above) but I also hit it a couple of days ago on another site altogether (Waitrose?).

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JeremyRYoung

Thank you for getting in touch with us. It seems like this is a site from the UK too, right? It seems like you might have some different configuration there! Please let us know if you encounter this again on other sites and we'll investigate further :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.