Safari crashes when 1P extension is activated

velvor
velvor
Community Member

Ok, so this may not be a documented problem, but it's becoming annoying:

I use Safari as my primary browser, I don't want to switch because I extensively use it with my other devices and in general I like the features it has, but since I installed the 1P extension in the desktop version, I need to restart the browser every now and then without an apparent reason. It's difficult to trace the problem, because it is not related directly with asking for a sign in, but after navigating around the net with different sites, the pages start to crash and get unresponsive or load incorrectly. The only way to solve the issue is to quit (sometimes force quitting) and restart the browser I tried several things and tried to find out a solution in the Apple forums. After several researches, started to test with activating and deactivating the extensions I have. I decided to remove all the extension I had and leave only 1P due to the importance of this one, but the issue continued. So I've been testing for about 4 or 5 days activating and deactivating the extension and I positively can confirm that the 1P extension is the one generating issues in my browsing experience. I've been tempted to switch from browser, but as I've explained before I have a lot of information attached to this browser to even consider the switch.

I know this may not be a top priority report but I'm interested in getting this solved, so any support you need from my side to track this one and solve it, please consider me in.

Thanks in advance,
Ernesto Bañuelos

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Safari crashes when 1P extension is activated

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Ernesto ( @velvor ),

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I can’t say I’ve heard many cases of this, but it seems like you’ve done a pretty good job of researching the problem up to this point. Let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

The next time that you notice Safari freezing or pages loading incorrectly, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• velvor
    velvor
    Community Member

Hi! Thanks Megan for your response, I already sent the mail with the diagnostics report. hopefully you'll find a solution to this.

This is my support ID #TYF-18433-725

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @velvor! We received your email & report, and I see that someone from our team replied to you earlier today (if you didn't receive the email, please make sure you check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there). We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Cheers! :)

ref: TYF-18433-725

This discussion has been closed.