With me, the 1Password Extension still doesn't work - had a complaint two years ago, no help.

rsc2
rsc2
Community Member

After every restart, the 1Password extension mini doesn't work. Only after opening the browser icon, there will be a dialogue telling me "Looking for the 1Password extension". Then the small window opens where I can enter my password. Until then, there is no icon in the menu of MacOS. Meaning, the idea of opening 1Password always results in an new web page or tab saying: Looking for the 1Password extension... And yes, of course I checked the appropriate fields in options and so on... this is a year-long problem but I just thought I give it a try.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:With me, the 1Password Extension still doesn't work - had a complaint two years ago, no help.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rsc2,

I’m sorry to hear that this problem has been going on for so long! We’ll do what we can to get it resolved for you as soon as possible.

It sounds to me like you might not have 1Password mini set to keep running even if the 1Password app is closed. Having this option enabled will ensure that 1Password is available immediately after a restart.

You can find 1Password mini’s settings in 1Password’s Preferences > General:

Please let me know if this helps!

• rsc2
    rsc2
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply, I appreciate that! But - Been there, done that. We tried to check this out years ago, nothing helped. Even since I now have a new Macbook Pro. - I am still a fan of 1Password!!! Don't worry, you get used to it.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rsc2

It sounds like a pretty annoying problem you have going on. I think taking a look at what's going inside 1Password might shed some light on the issue.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• rsc2
    rsc2
    Community Member

Dear Pilar, thanks so much for caring about this. I will send you the report as soon as I return to my Macbook Pro later today. But, after all, it is not so much of a problem, since starting the browser (Firefox) and trying to start 1Password only results in the additional page "Looking for the 1Password Extension". Then, in an extra page/tab appears the login window. Nothing I would suffer real harm from. Anyway, I appreciate your help very much! Thanks and greetings from Germany! This still is a fine software you have there.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rsc2,

I’ll be sure that @Pilar hears your kind words. We look forward to reviewing the Diagnostics Report (whenever you have time to send it through). Hopefully we’ll be able to find a solution to this for you. :)

• rsc2
    rsc2
    Community Member

Okay, I sent it again today because I did not receive the support answer on August 19. Hope it gets through this time!

• rsc2
    rsc2
    Community Member

Yes, it worked. Here is the support reply: [#VHR-19189-179] 1Password 5 Diagnostics Report for Reinhard Schlieker

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rsc2,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: VHR-19189-179

This discussion has been closed.