Standalone License - Do I actually have an account? Been using this for 8 months

card0109
card0109
Community Member

I have a standalone license and have been using 1Password frequently for the last 8 months. Last month my laptop was stolen. I'm now trying to reinstall 1Password on my new laptop, but don't seem to be able to get access to my previous vault. I regularly completed backups on my stolen laptop, but I have yet to find any sort of 1Password associated file in there to restore from backup. Any suggestions of what I can do next?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password account

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @card0109

I'm very sorry to hear that your laptop was stolen :frown: I hope that you're able to recover all your important data. What you have is, as you say, a license. This means that all your data was stored locally on your computer. I hope we'll still be able to recover it, there are a couple of ways to get this.

Were you syncing your 1Password data with some other device? For example a smartphone, a tablet or another computer? Did you have online backups of your computer somewhere, for example iTunes? The kind of file that you need to find to restore your 1Password data is most likely OPVault but also possibly AgileKeychain, so you know exactly what you're looking for.

I hope to hear back from you so we can find your data and restore 1Password soon :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.