Using regenerate pw, have to use "forgot password" on a website & then paste the regenerated pw?

susan_wimmers
susan_wimmers
Community Member

Using regenerate password, do I have to go through forgot password on a site and paste the regenerated password?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:generate pw, have to indicate "forgot password" on a website and then paste the regenerated pw?

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member

Hi @susan_wimmers . Most sites that require a login also have a User Page / Account Page. You should be able to alter your login on that page.
    If this isn't the case, then I can't think of a better suggestion than the one you already made.

Cheers,
    Rob

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @susan_wimmers

I'm not sure I quite understand your question. Rob might might have answered your question, as it's a very likely interpretation of it. Just to expand a bit on the Password Generators, if you click on "Regenerate password" then you are only picking a new set of random symbols or words that you can use on a website when you change your password. 1Password will never change a password for you on a site, it doesn't have the ability to do so. If neither of these options answers your question, please give us some more details about what you mean and I'll be happy to help you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.